Party on, Garth!
This theme was originally based on Start Bootstrap - Grayscale
libraries, it's been totally gutted and re-written for fast flexible Jekyll.
Improvements & Changes
- Added Gemfile to ensure github pages compatibility
- Added .editorconfig to standardize code contributions
- Added .gitignore
- Added config.yml based on Jekyll-now, plus many improvements
- Added svg-icons.html include from Jekyll-now
- Jekyll-fied the theme to take advantage of Liquid theming capabilities
- Added a _posts, _layouts, _includes, _scss folders
- Componentized layouts with includes
- Componentized configuration allowing for easy overrides and defaults
- Changed to SCSS (instead of LESS)
- Converted theme color to variables in SCSS
- Added 404 page, also from Jekyll-now
Clone the project
- Unpublish existing
- Create your own posts in
_posts (use existing content as an example)
- Commit changes to either
master branch for
user/organization sites or
gh-pages branch for project sites
- Push to github
- create a CNAME file in root if you setup a custom domain. See GHP help for more details.
About the Original Template
Grayscale is a multipurpose, one page HTML theme for Bootstrap created by Start Bootstrap. This template features various content sections and a Google Maps section with a custom map marker.
To use this template, choose one of the following options to get started:
- Download the latest release on Start Bootstrap
- Fork this repository on GitHub
Bugs and Issues
Have a bug or an issue with this template? Open a new issue on GitHub.
Copyright and License
Copyright 2015 Michael Stewart. Copyright 2013-2015 Iron Summit Media Strategies, LLC. Code released under the Apache 2.0 license.